These are instructions for setting up the Argox-CP2140 barcode printer.
Similar steps will be required for any other barcode printer like TSC-P200 or Zebra-GTX800
Install Device Driver
Setup Barcode Label Size
Printer Setup Drivers
Barcode Sticker Printing
Once the data is returned in API response the sticker is created in HTML DOM and then it is converted to raw image data then is sent to INCREFF Print App
Instructions to install INCREFF Print App
- Open chrome://flags/#allow-insecure-localhost
- Click on "Enable"
- Restart Chrome
- Start apache-tomcat-8.5.20\bin\startup.bat
- Visit http://localhost:8080/print/
- You should see a welcome page
Note: You will have to run this file every time windows start or you close this program.
For Proxy secured networks,
- Bypass proxy server for local addresses' should also be enabled in 'Internet Options -> Connections tab -> LAN settings' in all the systems connected to the printer.
- In Increff-Printing-Winx64-8005-
v1\apache-tomcat-8.5.20\bin\ setenv.bat file, please remove "rem" keyword from the start of the line mentioning JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.net. useSystemProxies=true. Save the file and re-run the tomcat.
- If step 2 doesn't solve the problem, the below steps should be considered.
- Please remove the "rem" keyword from the start of the line mentioning JAVA_OPTS=-Dhttp.proxyHost. The same IP address and port number must be added in place of "<Your Proxy Domain URL or IP Address>" and "<Your Proxy Port>" in Increff-Printing-Winx64-8005-
v1\apache-tomcat-8.5.20\bin\ setenv.bat file. Save the file and re-run the tomcat.
- If it still doesn't work, alter step 2, ie, add the "rem" keyword
- If it still doesn't work, We would need to disable the Proxy.
Links for downloading
For Windows 64-Bit Architecture - 8005 for 64-Bit
For Windows 32-Bit Architecture - 8005 for 32-Bit
If the print app (JAVA app) fails to start due to the error "default port 8005" already in use by another application" then download from the below links (to change the port to 8015)
For Windows 64-Bit Architecture - 8015 for 64-Bit
For Windows 32-Bit Architecture - 8015 for 32-Bit
Once you have downloaded the appropriate printer application software for your system:
- Unzip the downloaded software.
- Please go through the README document contained inside the unzipped folder.
- The Barcode Printer driver should be installed, and sticker size should be saved at the OS level.
- Java Tomcat should have run access on every system.
- Internet access should be allowed for Java Tomcat on both Public and private networks.
- Catalina log will show the error reason if Tomcat is not working.
- Below URLs and applications should be whitelisted and should have access to the internet before starting operations
https://jasper.increff.com/ (if Jasper will be used)
https://storage.googleapis.com (If this URL can't be whitelisted, please whitelist the below URL:
SSL Handshake should Bypass *.storage.googleapis.com
Apache-tomcat -> logs folder -> Catalina.log
To Test if Printer Setup is done
User should see a welcome page where the user can give a Test Print.
How to start the Print Application automatically?
The Startup folder in Windows contains a list of shortcuts of those applications that start when your Windows start.
The Current Users Startup folder in Windows 10 is located at:
These programs start up for the currently logged-in user only. To directly access this folder, open Run, type shell: startup, and hit Enter.
Add shortcuts to the startup.bat in this folder. Now, when the system is shut down and turned on again, the print application will start automatically.