Cloudtail works on a B2B2C model. i.e.
- Customer sees inventory being sold by Cloudtail
- Customer places order
- Cloudtail makes an invoice for Customer
- Cloudtail makes a back-2-back B2B purchase of these inventories from the brand
Ideally, when such a sales is done, Cloudtail must raise a back-2-back PO to brand and brand must raise a back-2-back invoice to Cloudtail automatically (either via ERP integration or emails or some other mechanism)
However Cloudtail does not provide integration capabilities for the same.
The current mechanism is that
- Cloudtail provides a portal to brand
- Brands manually upload invoices to that portal
30 Second Delay in printing of Shipping Label
During packing, Assure makes two API calls to Cloudtail
- CreateShipment - to create an AWB no.
- GetShipment - to get the AWB no. PDF
Due to architectural restrictions on Cloudtail side, Cloudtail recommends to wait for maximum 30 seconds between invoking these calls. We've tried to find a right technical solution to this problem, but have not been able to arrive at a scalable and reliable solution with Clouttail.
- In practice, it a delay of only 10 seconds is experienced.
- So, the packer must first press the Confirm Packing button
- Wait for 10 seconds
- Press the Print Invoice & Shipping Label button
Even with 500 orders per day, this would at max result in 500*10/3600 = 1 hour 20 minutes of manpower wasted.
In peak sales period, please put additional processing desks just for Cloudtail (for those few days of sales)